A recipe mostly had in eastern Nigeria, ogbono is also another traditional Nigerian food recipe. To make this recipe, you’ll be needing;
Grinded cray fish
Grinded dried fish bone
(Side note, I’m yet to see Ugwu in America, so I’ll be replacing mine with some chopped collard greens).
You will also need some Habanero peppers.
I will also be using some boiled assorted meat. I am using some goat meat, stocked fish, smoked fish, cow stripes, and cow skin (pomo).
- Boil all your available assorted meat and fish
- Then add some sliced peppers
- Then add palm oil
- Add Locust beans if available
- Add cray fish and dried bony fish
- Add seasoning (maggi and salt)- add responsibly in accordance to the previously used seasoning when boiling meat.
- Add stock water from boiling meat
- Add grinded Ogbono
- Leave it for five minutes
- The soup should have thickened
- Add Ugwu Leaf
- Soup is cooked when the palm oil gathers to thicken on top
Thanks for reading and hope you enj0y this recipe! Today, I am eating this soup with some Amala.